General Knowledge plays a significant role in all competitive examinations, including the decorated civil services exams like UPSC/APSCs, etc. General knowledge not only widens our perspective of the world but also helps us analyze in real-time and understand various issues. The topic of General knowledge of Assam is a very vast and important topic for APSC and other State exams. Assam is called a miniature India in perspective of diversity. For a better understanding of this diverse land, we are presenting in this post the ‘Assam History MCQ’ topic.
Assam’s History can be divided into four eras. The ancient era began in the 4th century with the mentioned establishment of the Kamrupa Kingdom. The medieval era began with the attacks of the Bengal Sultane, by Bakhtiyar Khilji. The colonial era began with British control after the ‘Treaty of Yandaboo’ in 1826 and the post-colonial era or Modern History began from 1826 to 1947.
Hope this post helps the aspirants in the Historical perspective on ‘Assam History’ related questions.
1. When was the Treaty of Yandaboo signed between the Burmese and the British?
(A) 21 February 1826
(B) 24 February 1826
(C) 24 February 1825
(D) 24 February 1822
2. Which Ahom ruler shifted his capital to Garhgaon?
3. Kuladhar Chaliha was the first President of the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee. Who was the first Secretary?
(A) Chabilal Upadhyaya
(B) Jyotindranath Duorah
(C) Bishnu Ram Medhi
(D) Tarunram Phukan
4. In ancient Assam, Suvarnapith was the area lying between:
(A) Rupahi and Bharali
(B) Sonkosh to Karatoya
(C) Dikrang and Bharali
(D) Burhi Dihing and Disang
5. During ancient Assam, which river served as the western boundary of Assam?
(C) Karatoya or Sadanira
6. Who was the ruler of Assam during the time of Bakhtiyar Khilji’s invasion?
(D) Pratap Singha
7. What was the other name of Prithu?
8. Name the Mughal General who took possession of the Ahom Capital Gahrgaon in 1662?
(A) Mir Khalifa
(B) Mir Jumla
(C) Abu Bakkar
(D) Ram Singh
9. Which Kamata ruler shifted his capital from Kamrup Nagar to Kamatapur?
10. In which year Bakhtiyar Khilji invaded Assam?
11. Name the book written by Muslim historian Minhaj-i-Siraj, which mentions that Prithu was the ruler of Kamrup during Bakhtiyar Khilji’s invasion.
(B) Kitab UI Hind
(C) Kitab UI Rehia
12. Which Ahom king created the post of the Bar-phukan for the first time?
(A) Pratap Singha
(C) Rudra Singha
(D) Gadadhar Singha
13. During which Ahom ruler was the first emissary the Tripura sent?
(A) Rani Phuleswari
(B) Rudra Singha
(D) None of the above
14. The Dhodor Ali built during the reign of Gadadhar Singha has an extension from:
(A) Pancharatna to Jogighopa
(B) Naharkotia to Bongaigaon
(C) Kamargaon in Golaghat to Jaipur in Dibrugarh
(D) Sivasagar to Biswanath
15. The Namdang Stone Bridge built during the reign of Rudra Singha in the year 1703 was built in which style?
(A) Arch style
(B) Indo-Greek style
(C) Latina Style
(D) Rekha prasad style
16. In the treaty of Asurar Ali signed in 1639 during Pratap Singha’s reign, who were the commanders on both Mughal sides and Ahom side respectively?
(A) Allah Yar Khan vs MomaiTamuli
(B) Mansur Khan vs Dihingia Alun Barbaruah
(C) Ram Singh vs Dihingia Alun Barbaruah
(D) Allah Yar Khan vs LachitBarphukan
17. Who represented the Mughal side in the Treaty of Ghilajharighat, 1663?
(A) Mir Jumla
(B) Ram Singh
(C) Mansur Khan
(D) Allah Yar Khan
18. When was the Assam Association formed?
19. Who was the first president of the Assam Association formed in 1903?
(A) Jagannath Baruah
(B) Manik Chandra Baruah
(C) Raja Prabhat Chandra Baruah
(D) Jagannath Baruah
20. Who represented the British side during the Treaty of Yandaboo?
(A) Captain Welsh
(B) Archibald Campbell
(C) Captain Holroyd
(D) William Hawkins