The Election Commission of India announced the holders of Aadhaar Cards, to link them to their Voter ID Cards. In a bid to eliminate all the fake Voter ID Cards and put a check on the growing population of defunct and fake voters.
So, here is a quick guide on how to link Aadhaar Card to a Voter ID Card
There are several methods using which a person can link his/her Aadhaar card with Voter ID Online, Offline, through SMS, or from a Mobile phone.
Required the following documents:
- Your Voter ID card number
- Aadhaar Card
- Registered mobile number/ Email ID
- NO FEES REQUIRED(FREE)
Steps to Link Voter ID With an Aadhaar Card:
Through the ONLINE process:
- Step 1: Go to the official NVSP portal /Voter Portal @ voterportal.eci.gov.in
- Step 2: Check the Login Page and Enter Mobile Number / Email ID / Voter ID Number. If not Registered then Click on “Create an Account” and then log in.
- Step 3: Enter Your Password, Security Code and Click on Login Button.
- Step 4: Verify your District Name & State Name.
- Step 5: Enter Personal Information like Name, Father’s Name & Date of Birth (DOB).
- Step 6: Click on Search Button.
- Step 7: Match your details with Government Database.
- Step 8: Now click on Feed Aadhaar No. Button and open it.
- Step 9: Then enter the Aadhaar Number, Voter ID Number, and Registered mobile number / Email ID.
- Step 10: After that Click on Submit Button.
- Step 11: Now you successfully Link your Aadhar to your Voter ID Card and you will get a confirmation message.
Through The OFFLINE process:
Booth Level Officer (BLO) has authority to link the Aadhar Card and Voter ID card in offline mode. Candidates need to submit the Application form of Link Aadhar to Voter ID to Booth Level Officer. BLO verify the details and linked Aadhar with a Voter ID Card.
Through the SMS:
- Candidates need to Type SMS <EPIC Number or Voter Id card number><SPACE><Aadhar No> and send it to 166 or 51969.
- Candidates need to Send the SMS with their Registered Mobile Number only.
- You would then shortly receive a confirmation SMS declaring the link Aadhaar Card to the Voter ID Card part.
Link Through Customer Care Number:
Candidates can link Aadhar with Voter ID by calling Customer Care Number (1950). Candidates need to dial 1950 and follow the Customer Care Executive instructions, type their Voter ID Card Number and Aadhaar Number for the link process.
Official Website: Click Here
Adhaar Card Voter Id Link: Click Here