1) Who was famous as the Gandhi of Africa?
Ans: Nelson Mandela(Mandela Day is celebrated on 18th July)
2) Which one of the following events made the crown of England take over the Indian Administration?
Ans: The Sepoy Mutiny
3) Dantidurga also known as Dantivarman was the founder of which dynasty?
4) Who was the Prime Minister of England when Simon Commission came to England?
Ans: Stanley Baldwin
5) Which material has been used in the sculpture of Mathura school of Art?
Ans: Red sandstone
6) Which Viceroy adopted the aggressive policy towards Afghanistan?
Ans: Lord Lytton (also called the viceroy of reverse Character, Unpopular Viceroy )
7) Which Viceroy of India suggested the construction of the Victoria Memorial in Kolkata?
Ans: Lord Curzon (During his time Bengal Partition happened on 16 Oct 1905 )
8) Mughal painting was at the top of whose leadership?
Ans: Jahangir(original name is Salim and his tomb is found in Lahore, Pakistan)
9) Ramgar Congress session when Happen?
Ans: 1949(Maulana Abul Kalam Azad First educational minister was the Chairman of this committee)
10) The First Muslim to be elected President of the Indian National Congress was?
Ans: Badrudin Tyabji (in 1887 madras session)
11) Gandhi-Irwin pact happened in which year?
Ans: 5th March 1931
12) What did Gandhiji mean by ‘Sarvodaya’?
Ans: The birth of a new society based on the ethical value
(concept inspired from the book by John Ruskin ‘Unto this last’)
13) Abul Fasal. a scholar during the medieval period in India was in the court of?
Ans: Akbar(Second battle of Panipat between Akbar and Himu Vikramaditya)
14) During Aurangzeb’s reign, which was not included in his government?
Ans: Marathas(Shivaji Maharaj)
15) Battle of Haldighat(one of the shortest battles) in 1576 was fought between Akbar and?
Ans: Maharana Pratap
16) The plan Sir Stafford Cripps envisaged after the second world war was?
Ans: India should be given the Dominion Status
17) Where was the ‘Azad Hind Fauj’ founded?
Ans: Singapore(Azad Hind Fauz was established in 1943)
18) The site of birth (nativity) of Gautam Buddha is marked by
Ans: Rummindei Pillar of Ashok Maurya. (Gautam Buddha is also called the light of Asia)
19) In which year was the Vernacular Press Act Passed?
Ans: 1878 by Lord Litton(also introduced the Armed Act in India)
20) Who was called the Frontier Gandhi?
Ans: Khan Abdul Ghafar Khan
21) Who composed Ain-e-Akbari?
Ans: Abul Fazal
22) When did the British Government annul the partition of Bengal?
23) The coins of which of the following reveal their love for music?
24) When was the Civil Disobedient Movement called off finally by Gandhiji?
Ans: 1934(Gandhiji was put to jail in 1933)
25) In which Act yearly Rs 1 lakh was allotted for the education of India?
Ans: 1813 Charter Renewal Act
26) The commander of Alauddin Khilji’s forces during his Deccan campaigns was
Ans: Malik Kafur(He gave Kohinoor Diamond to Alauddin Khilji)
27) Who planted the ‘Tree of Liberty’ at Seringatnam?
Ans: Tipu Sultan (His capital)
28) Who was the ruler who divided the kingdom into’Iqtas’ for the purpose of Civil Administration?
Ans: Iltutmish(He was the ruler to make Delhi as Capital city, He also completed the Qutub Minar Construction)
29) In which city was the third Buddhist Council held?
Ans: Pataliputra(1st was held in Rajgir)
30) The tomb of which of these emperors is located in the Sasaram town of Bihar State?
Ans: Sher Shah Suri(Fought battle of Kanoj against Humayun and won the battle)