1. Which planet was named after the Roman God Zeus?A. Mars
2. Which is the closest star to Earth?
3. Who discovered the solar system?
4. The average distance from the sun to Earth is:
A. 150 million km
B. 57.8 million km
C. 227.9 million km
D. 778.2 million km
5. Light–year measures which of the following?
A. Intensity of light
6. Which of the following planets has the largest number of natural satellites or moon?
7. Where among these places Sun will rise the earliest?
A. New York
C. New Delhi
8. Which of the following does not belong to the solar system?
9. One astronomical unit is the avg distance between———-
A. The Earth and the Sun
B. The Pluto and the Sun
C. The Jupiter and the Sun
D. The Earth and the Moon
10. A difference of 1 degree in longitude at the Equator is equivalent to nearly —————
A. 101 km
B. 111 km
C. 121 km
D. 125 km
11. Titan is the largest natural satellite of the planet————–
12. The outermost layer of the Sun is called———
13. The Earth completes one rotation on its axis in ————
A. 24 hrs
B. 23 hrs/56 min
C. 23hrs/30 min
D. 23 hrs/10 min/14.9 sec
14. Which planet in our solar system is nearly as big as the Earth?
15. The Planet that takes 88 days to make one revolution of the Sun is———