Extending on Assam’s GK leads to a world of many cultures and languages, with Assamese being the most common. With well-known writers like Bhupen Hazarika and Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya being natives of this state, there’s a strong literary heritage. The majestic Brahmaputra River, verdant tea estates, and the gorgeous Kaziranga National Park, which is home to the magnificent one-horned rhinoceros, were just a few of Assam’s captivating ecosystems. Assam’s historical significance is further demonstrated by the Ahom kingdom’s ongoing heritage and its ancient temples like Kamakhya temple.
Join us on a journey through the corridors of Assam’s past and present as we explore the intriguing world of Assam since this is a diverse land with a wide spectrum of areas for knowledge. We have presented in this post Assam GK related questions that may become helpful for Aspirants who are preparing for the upcoming State government Exams like the APSC and other related exams.
1. Where is the Regional Science Center of Assam situated?
2. In which district of Assam is the Arabic Language Training College located?
Ans: Rangia, estd. in 1954.
3. Where is the first homeopathic college in Assam located?
4. Where is the Regional Science Center of Assam situated?
5. Who was the first President of Asam Sahitya Sabha?
Ans: Padmanath Gohain Baruah.
6. Who was the first British Commissioner of Assam?
Ans: David Scott
7. In which year Assam Association was formed?
8. Who was the first Indian Governor of Assam?
Ans: Muhammad Saleh Akbar Hydari
9. Who was the founder of the Assam Association?
Ans: Manik Chandra Baruah.
10. What is the ranking of Assam among the states of India in terms of education?
11. In which year, did the capital of Assam shift from Shillong to Dispur?
12. What was the first capital of the Chutiya Kingdom?
13. Who was the founder of the Chutiya Kingdom?
14. When did the second Burmese invasion take place?
15. In which year was Dibrugarh University established?
16. In which year was the first Agricultural University of Assam established?
17. In which year was the University of Guwahati established?
18. When was Bodo Sahitya Sabha formed?
19. In which year Mahatma Gandhi visited Assam for the first time?
20. Who declared Kaziranga National Park as a protected area?
Ans: Lord Curzon in 1908.
21. What is the total area of Assam?
Ans: 78,438 square km.
22. When was Nalinibala Devi received Padmashree?
23. When has Kaziranga declared a National Park?
24. What was the name of the first daily Assamese newspaper of Assam?
Ans: Batori (published from Jorhat).
25. When was Kushal Konwar hanged?
Ans: 15th June 1943 at Jorhat.
26. Who was the first Governor of Assam?
Ans: Akbar Hydari.
27. Who was the first Chief Minister of Assam?
Ans: Gopinath Bordoloi.
28. What was the name of the first Mobile Theater of Assam?
Ans: Natraj, was started by Achyut lahkar in 1963.
29. When was Assam Prakashan Parishad formed?
30. Who was the first Assamese Male Doctorate (Ph.D.) of Assam?
Ans: Radhikaram Dhekial Phukan on July 26, 1890.
31. Who was the first Assamese Female Doctorate (Ph.D.) of Assam?
Ans: Aparna Dutta Mahanta.
32. In which year was the first Janata Dal government formed in Assam?
33. Who was the First Chief Minister of Assam From Janata Dal?
Ans: Gulap Borbora.
34. What is the name of the person from Assam who participated in the Dandi Yatra?
Ans: Liladhar Baruah.
35. Who was the first Chief Minister of Assam before independence?
Ans: Muhammed Saadulah.
Also visit: Important Assam Geography MCQ: 100+ MCQs